Saturday, August 15, 2009

Football



The Championship restarted last weekend with a lot more hype than usual amongst my friends; simply because of local team Middlesbrough's newfound position within the league. They visit Swansea today (mates Keith and Rob have gotten the train down and I'm already receiving some fantastic texts through of their exploits. I shall have to blog them later) for the Boro game.

But things really get going today with the return of the Premiership.

I'm currently watching Chelsea vs. Hull and I'm hooked already. As I type Didier Drogba's just confirmed how excellent it is with a delightful free-kick.

I think Chelsea are going to win the whole thing this season, they look like a much more fluid, attack minded force. Man Utd will miss the attacking menace and skills of Ronaldo. He's been far too important a player for them in too many matches in the last two seasons to not be missed. In contrast, Chelsea have lost no-one and brought in one or two whilst getting some key players back from injury. They've also got a player who I think has been one of the best players in the land for the last five years; Frank Lampard. His record is immense. He's scored 20 or more goals in all competitions in the past five consecutive seasons. I am a real admirer of his talent and ability to perform consistently throughout the season, every season.

I'm certain though that it will be as unpredictable as ever and I'm really looking forward to it.

Here's too another spectacular season and plenty to talk, blog and tweet about in the forthcoming season!

1 comment:

  1. Chelsea still look dodgy to me, they could have easily drawn or lost that match.

    ReplyDelete