Monday, August 31, 2009

Noel Gallagher Leaves Oasis

Well, it finally came to this. Noel Gallagher walking out on Oasis after one row too many with brother Liam.

Well I'm glad to say I did get to see them last year at one of the opening shows of this tour, in Sheffield. It was a great gig, though the seats we were in were rather shit, to be fair but still that communal sing-along is one great feeling and experience.

People might slag them off and say they should have packed in after What's the Story. To me that is people following the 'cool' opinion. And, I disagree with it. For me, all of their albums have been fantastic.

I know, they didn't 'crack the USA' and they're bickering/arrogance filled the papers but so what? They were a truly great, massive, iconic band who produced some of the finest songs ever made. They sold millions of records, set records and defined an era.

Oasis have also provided me many happy memories, lots of singalongs in particular one that stands out is singing Don't Look Back in Anger at Pete's stag do; five or six of us arm in arm in a crowded nightclub in Nottingham.

So, for all the joy they've brought me and no doubt will in hopefully future solo projects or a Noel-less Oasis (who can picture that? Not me.) I say thank you for the good times...

No comments:

Post a Comment